Reviewed By DJ Dave from Komodo Music
I tend to keep my ear to the ground for new talent. There is nothing more satisfying than finding an artist who you can clearly see is going to be “The Next Big Thing” and I have no doubt that Cassandra Dimech fits into the category like a piece of IKEA furniture (when you READ the instructions lol)
Cassandra contacted me asking if I could listen to her stuff…and wow, she has good stuff. The song “Alone” is the latest single from the Melbourne singer featuring “Kid Hudson” and it certainly packs a punch.
The song is a love ballad (I tend to avoid due to my profession) but when done correctly and without the “soppiness” I have no problems with them. The piano and guitar kept the song flowing nicely and the beautiful vocals by Cassandra kept me captivated. The guest vocals by Kid Hudson also nicely complemented the song. Usually when another artist is “featured” I tend to find they don’t bring anything to the table except the name, however I felt the combination of male and female vocals really worked well together.
Overall I liked what I heard and I would be interested to see what this Melbournite will get up to in the future. Providing she doesn’t stick to the love songs permanently and starts with producing some fun, upbeat tracks this girl could easily be our next “Aussie Rep” in the world music scene.
DJ Rating: 4/5
Cassandra Dimech
facebook.com/cassandradimech
twitter.com/cassandradimech
youtube.com/cassydimech
Cassandra Dimech
facebook.com/cassandradimech
twitter.com/cassandradimech
youtube.com/cassydimech
No comments:
Post a Comment